Oatmeal is one of the most popular breakfast meal options across the globe! It’s super quick to make and can be either sweet or savoury. There is no dearth of toppings that you can try on oatmeal – veggies, seasonal fruits, nuts, spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, maple syrup or honey! Just put on whatever you love or are in the mood for.
This protein- and fibre-rich breakfast lives up to its reputation as being one of the healthiest meals. it is loaded with vitamins and minerals, lowers cholesterol, stabilizes blood sugar and protects the heart.
We are making a sweet version oatmeal today but you can customise it your taste and make it any way you want!
1 cup almond milk
Pinch of salt
- In a medium-high saucepan, boil the milk.
- Once boiled, add rolled oats and salt.
- Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes until it turns thick, creamy, and plump. Keep stirring to prevent the oats from sticking to the bottom.
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl and add a big dollop of strawberry jam and peanut butter.
- Top it up with berries of your choice, bananas, or any fruit and nuts of your choice.
Pair it with a glass of fresh juice or tea and you’ll be ready to tackle the day ahead!
Check out our video here – https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPNCXAoAqM2/